Episode 11 features Two Minute Rants where Langston Aron rants about the Raiders defense and Craig Aron rants about the feeling sorry for the NY Giants. Then the boys wrap-up Week 5 of the NFL and preview Thursday Night Football. Finally they close the podcast out with a preview of the NBA season by talking about trades and going through the ESPN Top 100 players list and the new All-Star Game format.
- Aaron Rodgers beats the Cowboys again.
- The Giants are done. They are 0-5. They have no receivers. OBJ is done for the rest of the season. They play Denver this week and Seattle next week. They are looking at at least 0-7. They should tank for Sam Darnold.
- The Raiders are in a tailspin. They have no Derrek Carr. Marshawn Lynch is not what he was billed to be. The defense is worse than anyone expected. They have lost three in a row and they made Baltimore look like the best offense in the NFL.
- Ben Rothlesberger threw five interceptions including two pick-sixes. Pittsburgh has the talent to turn things around. I just don’t know if they have discipline and mental toughness to play ball.
- Super Cam Newton is back. For the second week in a row, Cam was the best player on the field. If he keeps this up, Carolina is very dangerous.
- The Chiefs are going to challenge for 16-0 as long as everyone stays healthy. No one can stop their offense and their defense is above average. Alex Smith is playing like an MVP and Kareem Hunt is leading the league in rushing by a 143 yards.
- DeShaun Watson threw five touchdowns. He continues to rise to the occasion. While the Texans did not beat the Chiefs, they put up a big fight and showed they can play with the best team in the NFL.
- Mike Pence’s political stunt ruined Peyton Manning’s statue ceremony in Indianapolis. I hope Trump’s golf-buddy gives him an ear-full.
- The Rams are not legit yet. They had a chance against the Seahawks; but they had five turnovers and didn’t look like the league’s best offense.
- The Buccaneers should have beaten the Patriots if they had a mediocre kicker. Doug Martin’s return makes them a legit team. The Buccaneers defensive line put a beating on Tom Brady.
In Episode 10, Langston Aron rants about LaMelo Ball being homeschooled and Craig Aron rants about the Raiders failed fake punt that may have cost them the game. Then the boys wrap Week 4 in the NFL and preview Thursday’s game between the Patriots and the Buccaneers.
I felt like I went into Week 4 trying to figure the league out. Week 4 games did not help me out at all. There were some games I was really looking forward to and there were some serious yawnfests.
- The Texans destroyed the Titans. DeShaun Watson is truth and the Texans defense showed up in a big way.
- The Bills are 3-1 after surviving a game against the Falcons. The Falcons were without Julio Jones and Mohammed Sanu; but after trading away some quality players, I would not have thought the Falcons would have needed those guys to beat the Bills. Both teams are now 3-1 and I am surprised. The Bills are not supposed to be 3-1 and leading the AFC East. The Falcons should be 1-3 after barely winning two other games.
- The Jets have a two game winning streak beating the Jaguars. If they keep this up, they will have no chance of getting the #1 pick in the NFL Draft.
- The Patriots’ offense was supposed to be the legendary and possibly go undefeated. That changed quickly when they lost to the Chiefs in Week 1; but I never doubted they were not going to win their division. However their defense is legendarily bad and they are in danger of not winning the AFC East. 2015 Cam Newton showed up at Gillette Stadium and led his team to a victory.
- Matthew Stafford keeps winning beating the Vikings 14-7. The Lions are half a yard from being 4-0. Dalvin Cook tearing his ACL is heartbreaking. He was putting up Offensive Rookie of the Year kind of numbers behind Kareem Hunt. The Vikings feel snake bit. They lose Teddy Bridgewater last year and now Cook. It’s a good thing they have a really good defense.
- The Raiders defense showed up in Denver and kept the game close while losing 17-10. They lost Derrek Carr. They may still pulled the game out if the Raiders had not attempted a fake punt on their on 25 yard line. Marquette King is so athletic that I don’t think the Raiders will fool many people anymore.
- The Seahawks dominated the Colts but it was still surprising when they put up 46 points.
- Eli Manning had a rushing touchdown; but the Giants are 0-4 and have a better shot at the #1 pick than the Jets.
- Larry Fitzgerald did Larry Fitzgerald things making the game winning catch against the Niners.
- I put a small wager on Monday Night’s game of the Washington Native Americans visiting the Kansas City Chiefs. I took the Native Americans +7 and I took the under at 48 points. I was feeling really good when Kansas City clenched the game with 8 seconds left and the score was 23-20; then this happened. I knew I mentioned that the Vikings are snake bit. I may fall into that category as well.
Langston Aron and Craig Aron breakdown Week 3 fantasy and NFL games and preview Thursday Night Football between the Packers and Bears.
Another hard one to pick. I thought this was going to be a battle of two offensive juggernauts. I knew the Giants had a Top 5 defense; but the Cowboys have a ton of weapons. I was also very suspect of the Dallas secondary. I didn’t see a 19-3 game Cowboy victory.
- Zeke Elliott is a beast. He cannot be tackled by one man. He is unstoppable!
- Janoris Jenkins owns Dez Bryant. The only play where Dez got the upper-hand on Jenkins was a pass interference play that should not have been called.
- Dallas had the intention of wearing out the Giant defense from the get go with their no-huttle offense in the first quarter.
- It took 18 minutes for the Giants to get their first first down. That tells you everything you need to know about the Giants offense.
- As a feel good story, Jalen Smith played his first game; and he was good as well.
- The Dallas Cowboys offense has too many weapons.
- The Giants offensive line is terrible and Eli Manning knows it (happy feet).
- Sterling Shepherd was the only guy Eli trusted last night.
- Evan Engram is fast! They should throw him the ball more.
- Brandon Marshall caught one pass when the game was over. The game may have been better if Eli threw him the ball.